[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits-Internal] CompileDebug - Build # 235 - Failure!

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at cmu.edu
Thu Nov 1 08:47:53 PDT 2012

Sorry about that - I should've done more digging to see if that would work on BSD-type systems.

>From what I can tell, you can just use bind to bind a socket to an address, but there's no way to bind directly to an interface. If we want to continue with specifying interfaces instead of addresses, we'd have to call getifaddrs, and iterate through the interfaces to get the address associated with a specific interface name.

This would introduce the limitation that you can only send RSTs out of an interface that has an address associated with it. I don't think that's a particularly troublesome limitation, but just something to keep in mind.

Does this sound like a reasonable way to proceed?

  --Vlad