[Bro-Dev] changing Notice::policy mechanism

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Nov 1 20:11:29 PDT 2012

One more reply to myself. :)

On Nov 1, 2012, at 10:44 PM, Seth Hall <seth at icir.org> wrote:

> global foobar: function(a: count) &multibody;
>
> function foobar(a: count) &priority=5
> 	{
> 	print "foobar at priority 5";
> 	}
>
> function foobar(a: count) &priority=8
> 	{
> 	print "foobar at priority 8";
> 	}

I was thinking about how this would look internally and I suspect that the easiest thing to do would be to "inline" the bodies of all of the functions into a single function body.  There would be some work that would need to be done to deal with edge cases brought about by smashing scopes together like this, but I think it should be possible to watch for locals being created and making sure that there aren't any conflicting names (Bro should probably not start up if there are conflicting names).