[Bro-Dev] changing Notice::policy mechanism

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Nov 1 20:19:12 PDT 2012

Dammit.

On Nov 1, 2012, at 11:11 PM, Seth Hall <seth at icir.org> wrote:

>  There would be some work that would need to be done to deal with edge cases brought about by smashing scopes together like this, but I think it should be possible to watch for locals being created and making sure that there aren't any conflicting names (Bro should probably not start up if there are conflicting names).

Actually, nevermind.  I'm not fully thinking through the scope smashing.  We could just create a scope for each of the function implementations…

>> function foobar(a: count) &priority=5
>> 	{
>> 	local test = "nope";
>> 	print test;
>> 	}
>>
>> function foobar(a: count) &priority=8
>> 	{
>> 	local test = "yup";
>> 	print test;
>> 	}

Those would inline into this…

function foobar(a: count)
        {
       	{
	local test = "nope";
	print test;
	}
	{
	local test = "yup";
	print test;
	}
	}

The only problem is that this doesn't currently work, but it begs the question… should it?