[Bro-Dev] changing Notice::policy mechanism

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Nov 2 09:20:10 PDT 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:06 PM, "Siwek, Jonathan Luke" <jsiwek at illinois.edu> wrote:

> This code already exists because of the similarity of functions and events, it's just that functions are only allowed multiple body definitions if they have &redef, and in that case, the later definition *replaces* earlier ones instead of being pushed on to the vector of bodies.

Ahh, that makes sense.

I actually thought about it a bit more and I'm still not completely attached to the idea.  I sort of don't like how the documentation for that would look where we have to say that normally you shouldn't implement a function over and over, but in special cases it's just how something works.

I almost wonder if we should have another type of code block in addition to events and functions.  It's really just a difference in semantics at this point, but it would be much easier to document if there was a completely different name.  We could document the use and behavior of each of them very clearly with the third name.