[Bro-Dev] Bro failed

Solomon Ford ford.516 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 23 19:07:42 PST 2012

Sounds like you were trying to run a bro binary that was compiled for a different system architecture.  I've run into this problem before when I've mistakenly tried to copy & use the bro folder compiled for a 64-bit machine on a 32-bit machine instead.

As Seth suggests, to be safe, ensure you have compiled bro on the target machine in question before trying to run it.

--
Solomon Ford
OCIO Enterprise Security
ford.516 at osu.edu