[Bro-Dev] topic/seth/metrics-merge crash

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Nov 26 13:11:33 PST 2012

On Nov 26, 2012, at 1:11 PM, "Siwek, Jonathan Luke" <jsiwek at illinois.edu> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Seth Hall <seth at icir.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing Bro actually crash for the scripts.base.frameworks.metrics.cluster-intermediate-update test and I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's crashing.  Would someone mind taking a look at that soon?
>
> See if the patch below makes sense.  Also not sure if that index_requests table is missing some initialization somewhere.

Ah!  Thanks.  I bet you're right about this.  I'll test it tonight.

>    local ir = index_requests[uid, id, filter_name, index];
>
> And as an optimization, maybe that "local ir" isn't needed since that index was just assigned in the line above?

The ir is actually an optimization so that I don't have to keep indexing into that table over and over later in the event handler.  It's even possible that I only need to do that assignment when the first value comes in anyway.  I'll play around with that more tonight too.

Thanks for helping me out. :)