[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] fastpath: Redo the "how to upgrade" FAQ. (06d6277)

Daniel Thayer dnthayer at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 3 16:31:22 PDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 06:06 PM, Robin Sommer wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 17:06 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> If you want, you could just merge it into master, then I can
>> change it later to point to the "Installing Bro" material
>> (as part of my documentation work for 2.2).
>
> Sounds good.
>
> Btw, it's a bit unfortunate that we have put the FAQ document into the
> distribution as that means it won't update on the web server until the
> next release comes out. That's something I think we should chnage in
> the future: the FAQ shouldn't be tied to a specific version but
> maintained separately as a web page instead.
>
> Robin

But don't we have the same issue when, for example, someone corrects
an error in the documentation? (the correction won't appear in the
docs until the next Bro release)

As a sort of workaround, whenever I look at the documentation on the
web site, I choose the "Development" option under the "Documentation"
tab, so that I always see the most recent version of the docs.

-Daniel