[Bro-Dev] #943: PF_Ring plugin to support load balancing while sniffing multiple interfaces

William Jones jones at tacc.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 26 11:23:10 PDT 2013

I understand what problem was fixed.   I was hoping that some in the bro group would recognize that there are more problems with pf_ring and bro that the current set of problems being talked about.

I merged packet streams before and found that method didn't solve my drop packet problems.  What did was allocating enough packet space in the kernel per interface and having bro read from each interface.

Right now I am monitoring 2 10 GigE lacp pair.    I about to put a system so that I can monitor a 4 10 GigE lacp set up.

You really should investigate  what it takes keep up with  multiple 10 GigE interfaces lacp interaces.  You might come to the different conclusion the usefulness merging interface in the kernel kernel.