[Bro-Dev] Duplicate Notice Actions Regression?

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at cmu.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:50:02 PST 2013

Recently, I've been seeing Bro perform duplicate notice actions. I think this commit might have introduced a regression: <http://git.bro-ids.org/bro.git/commitdiff/290c2a0b4df2db38ade684cf386a5c9b6b271d9e>

Specifically, reading from the commit that fixed the duplicate notice action issue (<http://git.bro-ids.org/bro.git/commitdiff/53d9832d5adb526bf80f1d225a13941c7d05bdb2>):

> The problem was that Notice::policy is used to populate the internal Notice::ordered_policy vector in a priority 10 bro_init handler (in scripts/base/frameworks/notice/main.bro) and then that is what is used when applying policy to notices.  In order for scripts/base/frameworks/notice/cluster.bro to prevent Notice::policy from being used on non-manager nodes, it needs to clear it in a bro_init hander of higher priority than 10.

Am I on the right track here? If not, does anyone have any other ideas of what might be causing this?

Thanks,

  --Vlad