[Bro-Dev] binpac usage of &length = -1

Hui Lin (Hugo) hlin33 at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 8 14:37:47 PST 2013

Hi,

When I check the binpac source code related to FlowBuffer, I find this
comment:

// A negative frame_length represents a frame till EOF
        void NewFrame(int frame_length, bool chunked_);

My guess that this frame_length is record attribute &length.

So I played with an a record

type req = record{
     header : uint8;
     data : bytestring &restofdata;
}
&length = -1 ;

I defined the event handler to print out header values, but I found that in
.cc file, the binpac NewData is called, but nothing is printed out.

So any one has idea how this &length = -1 is used?

--
Hui Lin
PhD Candidate, Research Assistant