[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] fastpath: Fixed a scriptland state issue that manifested especially badly on proxies. (5c3bf14)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Jul 22 11:47:16 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 14:28 -0400, you wrote:

> That variable has &synchronized applied to it.  It causes tons of del messages to be sent over the communication code on clusters.

I think the core should be able to do that check generally: send out
updates only if the element is indeed part of the set. As the
assumption is that all nodes have the same version of the set, that
shouldn't break anything (though it could because in practice that
assumption does not always hold ...)

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin