[Bro-Dev] Plugin branch status

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Thu May 30 15:09:29 PDT 2013

I started looking over the plugin branch (not done yet), it looks nice so far.

One thing I see is that it uses CMake object library targets (e.g. "add_library(<name> OBJECT <src>)"), which became available in v2.8.8.  That's recent enough such that none of the platforms on our testbed meet that requirement using the CMake package in their official OS repositories.

So as it is, I think it would become a common thing for someone trying to build Bro to have to get a sufficient CMake version from a place other than what their OS repos provide.  IMO, that's fine, just not sure if it was anticipated and fine with others as well?