[Bro-Dev] Bare Mode

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Nov 22 07:52:06 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 15:38 +0000, you wrote:

> The intention for mode is to allow users more choice in what
> script-level functionality to load.  In practice, I don’t know how
> often it’s used for that.

I'll add that bare mode is essentially what used to be the default
configuration in Bro <2.0. So it's also a way to get back to the old
approach where you would add things as you need them. Bro is more
difficult to use that way but it can reduce resource usage quite a bit
if one really only needs a couple pieces.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin