[Bro-Dev] Draft API for new communication library

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Oct 17 15:03:43 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 21:54 +0000, you wrote:

> Would something like Cap'n Proto or Protocol Buffers help in
> defining/maintaining a serialization format?

I didn't know Cap’n Proto so far but I have been wondering about using
Protocol Buffers already as well. We'd have to add another dependency
but it would make this stuff quite a bit less cumbersome. Do you know
if their C version is well maintained? It looks rather old compared to
the standard protobuf distribution. Does Cap'n Proto have a C API?

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin