[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] master: Fix for input readers occasionally dead-locking. (c980d10)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Sat Oct 26 19:25:00 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 17:55 -0400, you wrote:

> I meant compare the absolute counters (_ctr), not the pointers (_ptr).

Ah, you mean num_reads/writes. You're right, that should actually
work, I forgot that we already track these stats. I'm changing the fix
to do this, thanks!

> Also, keeping both the counters and the pointers around may be
> redundant.  I think it'd be a pretty easy change to start using absolute
> values only and mod on access, and I'd imagine performance-wise it would
> end up being pretty comparable.

Yeah, probably. My main performance concern here is the queue locking,
everything else probably doesn't matter too much.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin