[Bro-Dev] Organizing plugins (Re: [JIRA] (BIT-1222) topic/robin/reader-writer-plugins)

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 6 08:47:17 PDT 2014

On Aug 6, 2014, at 10:00 AM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:

> So do we want to go ahead with this model?

Sure.  I’m thinking if a problem is found, it’s not hard to convert to one of the other models since they should share the same directory structure and only differ in which dirs are chosen to be git submodules.

> One more question: would we then want to pull bro-plugin as a
> submodule into bro/aux?

I think that would be ok unless you’re worried about keeping the size/overhead of cloning bro down.