[Bro-Dev] Organizing plugins (Re: [JIRA] (BIT-1222) topic/robin/reader-writer-plugins)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Aug 6 12:50:22 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 15:39 -0400, you wrote:

> I'm not very fond of the ES support being even harder to get working.

Any idea how widely that's used currently? It wouldn't be harder, but
a bit.

I think the alternatives right now are: (1) holding off completely on
moving readers/writers to plugins, or (2) getting some hack in place
so that we avoid the problem that Jon noticed with readers/writers
being used in script-land that aren't available (could probably done
with some ugly ifdefs).

I could see (2) if we had to. I would prefer to avoid (1).

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin