[Bro-Dev] [JIRA] (BIT-1134) DNS_Mgr::LookupAddr does not respect DNS_FAKE

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Feb 14 08:00:40 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 20:19 -0600, you wrote:

> Acually, it might be more that BRO_DNS_FAKE just isn't working at all.

BRO_DNS_FAKE was historically for controlling how/if DNS constantns in
scripts get resolved (i.e., set[add] = { www.google.com }). The
lookup_* functions came later and might fail to take that into
account.

Also, I'm wondering if our test suite should set BRO_DNS_FAKE
generally. It's not great because it changes quite a bit what's
happening; on the other hand doing all the lookups every time the
suite runs isn't ideal either.