[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/bernhard/file-analysis-x509: Second try on the event interface. (7ba6bcf)

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Feb 28 09:03:38 PST 2014

On Feb 28, 2014, at 11:01 AM, Bernhard Amann <bernhard at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> I thought that that is ok. Or are you meaning something else?

Just to record it, we talked through this and it only seems like the right thing to do at the moment because we're using openssl underneath for parsing but eventually we won't and this results in a situation where the core is required to store state even if the user doesn't necessarily want the state.  We also have mechanisms in script land now (record redefining) that make storing the state on-demand easy.

http://www.bro.org/