[Bro-Dev] Dot release?

Liam Randall liam at broala.com
Thu Jan 30 10:32:46 PST 2014

Yes, the current master is WAY more stable on busy production sensors that
2.2.  For sites really leaning on the intel framework master is the only
way to go.

Thanks,

Liam Randall

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Bernhard Amann
<bernhard at icsi.berkeley.edu>wrote:

> I already told Robin - but just for the record, I think it is a good
> idea/plan.
>
> Bernhard
>
> On Jan 30, 2014, at 8:57 AM, Slagell, Adam J <slagell at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> > I like that plan. I think there are some minor Maverick's issues too
> that Daniel found. So we might want to get those in there as well.
> >
> > On Jan 30, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> making a 2.2.1 release has been coming up a few times and I'm thinking
> >> we should just snapshot current master for that. We've been fixing
> >> quite a number of things since 2.2, yet there aren't any larger new
> >> features yet (GRE tunnel decapsulation being the only one I can think
> >> of right now).
> >>
> >> I'd wait for two more things though:
> >>
> >>   - Merging, and some testing, of Jon's recent file analysis
> >>   framework API changes that make the file handle management more
> >>   efficient.
> >>
> >>   - Figuring out the exec and/or sumstats problems (it looks certain
> >>   at this point that exec isn't cleaning up fully; and sumstats may
> >>   have a larger than expected CPU impact, but that's not clear yet I
> >>   believe).
> >>
> >> Once 2.2.1 is out, I'd then next work on merging my dynamic plugin
> >> code, which is mostly ready but needs cleanup, review, documentation,
> >> testing.
> >>
> >> How does that sound? If good, now would also be the time to finalize
> >> any other minor fixes that people might want to see in 2.2.1.
> >>
> >> Robin
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
> >> ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin
> >
> > ------
> >
> > Adam J. Slagell
> > Chief Information Security Officer
> > Assistant Director, Cybersecurity
> > National Center for Supercomputing Applications
> > University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
> > www.ncsa.illinois.edu/~slagell/
> >
> > "Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written
> communication to or from University employees regarding University business
> is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure."

Liam Randall
Managing Partner
510-281-0760
www.Broala.com <http://www.broala.com/>