[Bro-Dev] Geo Location Plugin

Anthony Kasza ak at opendns.com
Sun Oct 5 02:30:10 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I recently have been looking at how Bro's plugins work. I was able to
recreate the rot13 functionality from the online documentation and
wanted to do something a little more challenging in hopes of learning
more about plugin development.

On a suggestion from Seth, I've been attempting to move the geoIP
stuff, which is currently baked into the core, into a self contained
plugin. I've gotten Bro and my plugin to compile together (mostly by
simply moving existing code into their proper files within
aux/bro-aux/plugin-support/Geo). However, I cannot seem to find the
plugin listed in 'bro -NN' and I cannot use the data types or
functions my bif defines. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion or a tip
on troubleshooting the interaction between plugins and the core. Many
thanks,

-AK