[Bro-Dev] Geo Location Plugin

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Oct 16 06:02:23 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 13:29 -0400, you wrote:

> Yes, you'd make a branch of master and make your changes there and
> build your plugin against that branch.  When your plugin is merged, it
> will also require a merge of your branch against Bro as well.

One question here: are we prepated to ask people to install a plugin
if they want geoip functionality? I'm asking because while generally I
think it's the right way going forward to move external dependencies
into plugins, this one we have offered for a while so, in some way,
not having it out of the box is a regression (unless we decide to
build (some) plugins by default, which currently isn't happening).

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin