[Bro-Dev] Geo Location Plugin

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 17 08:04:41 PDT 2014

On Oct 17, 2014, at 8:16 AM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:

>    (2) Select some plugins in bro-plugins that build automatically
>        with Bro.
>
>    (3) Split bro-plugins into two repositories. One set would build
>        with Bro, the other not. We'd need to decide if both would be
>        pulled into the Bro source tree, or not.
>
> Sounds we don't want (1), but I'm undecided between (2) and (3).
> Opinions?

Maybe a minor downside to (3) would be it’s less smooth of a transition if you ever wanted to promote/demote a plugin — involves moving code across repo as well as changing configure/CMake glue whereas (2) I’m guessing just involves the later with plugin code staying unchanged/unmoved.

Maybe try approach (2) first as it seems simpler, then find out along the way what improvements are needed.