[Bro-Dev] How can I build a static plugin?

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Dec 21 09:08:47 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 10:39 +0800, you wrote:

> Since DPDK builds static libs, the plugin should better become a
> static lib.

You can't build the plugin itself as a static library, as then Bro
couldn't load it dynamically at runtime. You should however be able to
link DPDK statically into your (dynamic) plugin, if that's what you
need? If so, I would think that CMake actually does the right there
already if all it finds for a dependency is a static library.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin