[Bro-Dev] Compiling Bro on RedHat, CentOs 6 and earlier (cmake)

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 17 13:53:23 PST 2015

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 2:48 PM, Johanna Amann <johanna at icir.org> wrote:
>
> currently it is not possible to build Bro on RedHat / CentOs 6 or earlier
> because the cmake version available on those systems is too low.

I think 6.6 has CMake 2.8.12.2 now.

But yeah, before they were at 2.6.4.

> Is there any important reason why we need 2.8?

Not especially important, but newer versions of CMake were emitting some CMake policy warnings at bro-aux configure-time that I didn’t see a way to fix without using generator expressions, which became available in CMake 2.8.

If you can’t upgrade to 6.6, is it at least an option for you to compile a newer CMake from source?