[Bro-Dev] Compiling Bro on RedHat, CentOs 6 and earlier (cmake)

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 18 07:27:20 PST 2015

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 4:58 PM, Johanna Amann <johanna at icir.org> wrote:
>
> Just to check - is removing the dependency for 2.8 as easy as changing the
> minimal cmake version and removing a few lines from one of the cmake
> scripts? Because in that case I would be tempted to just automatically
> patch it out when building for those distributions (I have a few
> distribution specific actions in the build files in any case).

Yeah, patching it out should be easy for the moment.

Here’s the relevant change from the bro repo:

https://github.com/bro/bro/commit/d8890ea009fdb94ecffcf826bbfd23577396365e

And the one from bro-aux:

https://github.com/bro/bro-aux/commit/0b713c027d3efaaca50e5df995c02656175573cd

I think that one place in bro-aux is the only place that’s using CMake 2.8 features right now, but let me know if you find otherwise and need any help.