[Bro-Dev] Broker test failures Re: [Bro-Commits-Internal] UnitTests - Build # 6444 - Failure!

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 16 07:42:15 PDT 2015

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 10:14 AM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:
>
> We keep getting Jenkins errors with Broker tests like the one below.
> Does Anybody has an idea how to make these work more reliably?
>
> Robin
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 03:09 -0500, jenkins at brotestbed.ncsa.illinois.edu wrote:
>
>> broker.master_store ... failed
>
>>  ### NOTE: This file has been sorted with diff-sort.
>>  +'lookup' query timeout

Do you recall when pending triggers get evaluated?  I think they were tied to event processing and if that fully drains and stalls out, then the “when” statements in the test are maybe waiting until the timeout timer happens?

If that’s the situation, maybe add a recurring/scheduled event is enough of a trick to make the test more reliable.  Or running on a longer pcap (I think that was the trick I initially went with because there’s no real reason it needs to use wikipedia.trace like it currently does).

Or maybe an overhaul of the main event and I/O loop would help :)