[Bro-Dev] Trouble with getting Bro 2.2 private analyzer to write logs on current master

Vlad Grigorescu vlad at grigorescu.org
Wed Jun 17 17:13:17 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM, James Swaro <james.swaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I understand the patch correctly, it would only cause problems for
> connections with over 2GB of data payload, but I think it should work fine
> for a small trace of say 200KB. I'm not seeing any events at all, nor am I
> seeing the log files that should be created when using the analyzer.

That was the point of that change, yes, but the breaking modification was
that the function signatures are now different. Specifically, those are
virtual functions that you're inheriting. If your parameters don't match
exactly, you're just defining a new virtual function as opposed to
redefining the existing function.

> I'll correct the functions and test it out though.

When you said that you're not seeing DeliverPacket be entered, was that
after making the uint64 change?

  --Vlad