[Bro-Dev] Broker: use of broker::peering

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 4 09:27:23 PDT 2016

> On Mar 31, 2016, at 11:00 PM, Matthias Vallentin <vallentin at icir.org> wrote:
>
> In Broker, what is the use case for having an explicit peering between
> two endpoints? Would it maybe suffice to provide endpoint introspection,
> i.e., the ability to iterate over an endpoint's peers?

I don’t recall if there’s strong reasons to use those “peering” objects as a way of identifying “connection handles” instead of just having the API consume something that identifies individual peers by themselves.  I think you’re safe changing it as long as a user continues to have a way to disconnect an endpoint from any one of its peers.