[Bro-Dev] package manager progress

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 4 19:47:36 PDT 2016

Hhhm, is it naming conventions that people have a problem with or the implication of policing? These can be separated. I don’t see a downside to promoting conventions.

It also seems that some of the reason (e.g., that we have metadata is based on an assumption that we will have good metadata). But I recall a lot of resistance to requiring basic metadata.

I believe this merits a little more discussion and would like to nudge behavior if possible, though not compel it. We could do this by simply providing a skeleton taxonomy into which people could always just through things in “misc” or some equivalent.