[Bro-Dev] [Proposal] Language extensions for better Broker support

Jan Grashöfer jan.grashoefer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:18:49 PST 2016

I really like the suggested improvements and I agree to Jon and Matthias
regarding the use of "async" to make corresponding calls explicit. The
first thing I thought of was the get_current_packet() or the
get_current_packet_header() function. If there is some asynchronous
execution in context of a "new" packet, a transparent syntax might
obfuscate what is going on there. I also like the switch syntax Matthias
suggested.

Jan