[Bro-Dev] [Proposal] Language extensions for better Broker support

Jan Grashöfer jan.grashoefer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:50:05 PST 2016

>> The first thing I thought of was the get_current_packet() or the
>> get_current_packet_header() function.
> Can you elaborate? These functions aren't asynchronous currently.
> Would you change them to being so; and if so, what would that do?

That was just another example for a situation in which "hidden"
asynchronous execution could easily lead to unintended behavior. Calls
of get_current_packet() in context of the same event handler will return
different results in case the execution gets interrupted due to an async
call. But that's most likely an esoteric edge case. Sorry for the noise :)

Jan