[Bro-Dev] [Proposal] Language extensions for better Broker support

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Dec 15 17:01:37 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 12:04 -0500, you wrote:

> force people to cast the value to an error type, maybe like this...
>
> if ( v as error == Error::Success )

Mind elaboratong why you think we need to force the cast? That seems
to take away some of the appeal of the solution.

Btw, the above is an example of why I'm still a bit reluctant on the
"as" syntax. The line above would really benefit from parentheses:

    if ( (v as error) == Error::Success )

> I find "Error::Success" really unintuitive and kind of funny too. :)

Yeah, agree, that's part of the question what namespace to use.
"Broker::Success" would certainly be nicer.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin