[Bro-Dev] get_event_peer() with Broker

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Feb 2 09:07:45 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 11:58 -0500, you wrote:

> We can just include that information in the notices directly on the
> worker.  There is no reason it needs to be done on the manager.

Ok, notices were a bad example. :-)

But, yeah, I hear you. For specific cases, one can always send the
Information explicitly of course. It just doesn't feel great to me to
not have a general way to tell where something is coming from, even
without cooperation from the sender. That's said, we indeed have
hardly any concrete use cases right now, and if you think we don't
need it, I'm fine removing it. The alternative of changing a lot of
code isn't very tempting.

So, then the action item for 2.5 turns into: remove get_event_peer().
I'll do that, and also then still fix is_local_event() to work with
Broker.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin