[Bro-Dev] Remove application/pkix-cert from files.log?

Keith Lehigh klehigh at iu.edu
Fri Jul 15 09:58:13 PDT 2016

I agree that having the certs logged to files.log creates a lot of noise that can be painful to wade through.  The downside to placing the hashes in x509.log is that would require a 2nd step of turning the fuid’s into cuid’s when searching for activity involving a given cert hash.  What about the idea of having files.x509.log & simply diverting pkix-cert to that log by default?  Keeping “files” in the name, allows one to search for <hash> in files*.log and use unix tools to grab the conn details.  Quite useful when you have a mixed list of cert hashes and other hashes of interest.

- Keith