[Bro-Dev] Broker data store API

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Sat Jul 23 10:54:19 PDT 2016

> On Jul 22, 2016, at 2:26 PM, Matthias Vallentin <vallentin at icir.org> wrote:
>
>  - Does anyone use Broker's RocksDB backend?

My recollection is that it was just nice-to-have an optional backend that users could choose, perhaps if they need better performance relative to SQLite.  But I probably took the time to try and get that working/ready just as reassurance that the datastore API would be able to implement a variety of backends.  Not sure about the choice of RocksDB in particular — could have just been that it happened to pop up on people’s radar at the right time.

Given those historical reasons for it existing, would make sense to me if it were temporarily ignored or removed completely (unless there’s people already invested in using it).  Hope that helps.