[Bro-Dev] package manager progress

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Jul 27 08:44:02 PDT 2016

> On Jul 25, 2016, at 4:49 PM, Azoff, Justin S <jazoff at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> In one aspect the pktsrc- prefix acts like a tag, but can also help disambiguate plugins... i.e., a redis log writer plugin vs. a redis data store plugin vs. a redis protocol analyzer.

I actually don't like this that much because some of these can cross boundaries and do all sorts of different things in a single plugin.  It makes more sense to me to leave the naming open.  If people want to name a plugin with a prefix, they're free to, but I wouldn't want to discourage people from maintaining individual plugins that provide a variety of features.

http://www.bro.org/