[Bro-Dev] CBAN naming

Matthias Vallentin vallentin at icir.org
Wed Jun 1 08:19:52 PDT 2016

> I like all these suggestions from Adam - and as a person who enjoys making
> electronic music would humbly add 'bpm' (Bro Package Manager) to the list
> ;-)

We had a good discussion in the Bro Gitter channel about this
yesterday. In fact, I suggested "bpm," but as it turns out, there
exists already a package that installs a PREFIX/bin/bpm executable.

To summarize the discussion: the sentiment was that calling things
"packages" is the least unexpected from a user point of view, because
many other package managers (e.g., Python's pip) also use the term
"package" for script and compiled code.

    Matthias