[Bro-Dev] CBAN naming

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 4 09:27:45 PDT 2016

> On Jun 4, 2016, at 10:45 AM, Siwek, Jon <jsiwek at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> My last understanding is that we’re starting out w/ metadata being entirely optional and seeing how it goes.  This also makes it more convenient for people to use the tool to manage plugins they have no intention of publishing and so don’t care to bother w/ metadata.

I still strongly disagree with ALL metadata being optional, unless it is automatically cleaned up if they never “finish” putting in required data.

However, that does not have a large impact on the name. I think we are now arguing between two reasonable proposals, and I am fine giving preference to the plugin naming because it does require the least amount of changes in current naming conventions.

I will leave it open this weekend for members of the project leadership to jump in if they want, but otherwise let’s go with Bro Plugin Manager (BPM) and bro-bpm.

------

Adam J. Slagell
Chief Information Security Officer
Director, Cybersecurity Division
www.slagell.info

"Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure."