[Bro-Dev] New proposal (Re: CBAN naming)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Jun 6 12:18:17 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 14:14 -0500, you wrote:

> Could you clarify what you mean by BRO_PLUGIN_PATH here?

I mean we magically extend the BRO_PLUGIN_PATH so that Bro will find
it there. No manual configuration, CBAN will take care of pointing Bro
to the right place inside the plugin's installation directory. (And
we'd need to add mechanism to Bro to actually do that.)

> Or are we still planning to default to <PREFIX>/lib/bro/plugins/ ?

That default location will stay, we just add the new ones to the
internal search path as well.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin