[Bro-Dev] New proposal (Re: CBAN naming)

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 6 21:52:45 PDT 2016

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 9:46 PM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:
>

>> That all looks consistent except part (2) ends up pointing people
>> toward existing docs/examples that reference “package” but with a
>> different meaning.  I'd need a decision to be made about how/whether
>> to change that.
>
> Ok, then let's rename "package" in the current docs. I propose
> "module" as the replacement: it's not quite right regarding the
> language's module concept but close enough I would say.

Or “bundle", which has even less baggage, but I think module is fine.

>> naming the project/client/containers
>
> My vote: Bro Package Manager, bro-pkgs, package.

Only difference is I don’t think the client needs the plural. I would simply go to bro-pkg.

------

Adam J. Slagell
Chief Information Security Officer
Director, Cybersecurity Division
www.slagell.info

"Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure."