[Bro-Dev] New proposal (Re: CBAN naming)

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 8 12:13:45 PDT 2016

> On Jun 7, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Siwek, Jon <jsiwek at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> I’d appreciate if anyone would think a bit about whether “package” still actually makes sense to use in the current context and doesn’t actually need a rename.

I can always repose this later if I’m struggling w/ using it in the docs, but I have my head wrapped around the various contexts it can be used in now that the design is changed, so I’m not blocked on it.

I’d like to move forward w/ the following unless there’s still objections, open questions, or I misunderstood general consensus:

project name: Bro Package Manager
client name: bro-pkg
git repo name: bro-pkg
design spec/proposal: use Robin's/Johanna’s
top-level container name: packages
changes to existing naming conventions: none