[Bro-Dev] Broker raw throughput

Dominik Charousset dominik.charousset at haw-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 1 07:05:46 PST 2016

Thanks for providing build scripts and sharing results.

Just a quick heads-up from me: I have implemented a simple sender/receiver pair using C sockets as well as CAF brokers (attached, but works only with the current actor-system topic branch). Both sending and receiving are slower with CAF (as expected), although the performance is slightly better when using the ASIO backend [1]. I'm still investigating and hopefully come back to you guys later this week.

    Dominik

[1] e.g. ./caf_impl --caf#middleman.network-backend=asio -s