[Bro-Dev] Broker raw throughput

Matthias Vallentin vallentin at icir.org
Wed Mar 9 08:54:53 PST 2016

> The optimization I meant is to not wrap each integer in its own
> message object, but rather make one message which then contains X
> integers that are transparently interpreted by the receiver as X
> messages. But this requires some form of "output queue" or lookahead
> mechanism.

I can see that being a nice intrinsic performance gain. At this point,
we have too little experience with Broker to warrant such a specific
optimization, but I like this "SIMD approach" in general. I already have
some ideas regarding transparent compression/coding that could be
interesting to explore in the future.

    Matthias