[Bro-Dev] Coding style enforcement

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Mar 16 09:26:40 PDT 2016

As I had mentioned to Matthias already, I don't have strong feelings
regarding Broker coding style. Changing that to match CAF sounds
reasonable to me, as a lot of the code's structure is driven by CAF as
well. Jon is the one most invested into the style, so as long as he's
ok with it, I don't see a problem.

(For the record, for Bro itself my preference remains staying with the
current style. Ideally somebody will be able to teach that to
clang-format eventually.).

Regrading commit messages, these are our current guidelines:
https://www.bro.org/development/howtos/process.html#writing-commit-messages

I wouldn't want to be too religious about that, but having a succinct
first line certainly makes sense. Not sure I'd remember not to put a
period at the end though. :-)

Robin

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin