[Bro-Dev] Broker: use of broker::peering

Matthias Vallentin vallentin at icir.org
Thu Mar 31 21:00:41 PDT 2016

In Broker, what is the use case for having an explicit peering between
two endpoints? Would it maybe suffice to provide endpoint introspection,
i.e., the ability to iterate over an endpoint's peers? At least Bro
doesn't use broker::endpoint for anything but that, but I was wondering
if I am missing a use case that involves explicit peerings.

If there's no clear use case, I was thinking to make broker::peering an
implementation detail and remove it from the public API.

    Matthias