[Bro-Dev] Flare removal

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Sat May 21 19:01:01 PDT 2016

> On May 20, 2016, at 6:02 PM, Azoff, Justin S <jazoff at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> I think Robins branch doesn't fix the problem because I don't think the flares were really the issue.. I think bro started having issues because between 2.3 and 2.4 traffic volumes increased, cluster sizes increased, and we added a ton of new analyzers and log files which put even more strain on the communication system.

That's an interesting idea and at least sounds as plausible as anything else I've heard.

Have you tried making those small changes you outlined by themselves on the NCSA dev cluster yet?  I'd be curious to hear if that fixes the problem.  Or do you even see this issue on that cluster?

http://www.bro.org/