[Bro-Dev] CBAN design proposal

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon May 23 08:16:07 PDT 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 23:16 +0000, you wrote:

> I think there is a broad spectrum from no interaction to vetting and
> pulling into the main repository. It is about finding the right
> balance.

Yep, and I'm arguing for going very far towards the "no interaction"
side, with just some automatic checks for the most crucial things.
Maybe the initial pull request for integration could be merged
manually to avoid any spamming, but any updates for example should not
require any interaction from us.

> I do think there is another level of non blocking checks and quality
> control we can provide.

Yes, indeed, I like this. With things already merged in, we can in
parallel, in the background, build up a toolbox of things to check for
and mark a module accordingly.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin