[Bro-Dev] CBAN design proposal

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Wed May 25 08:48:41 PDT 2016

> On May 24, 2016, at 4:46 PM, Matthias Vallentin <vallentin at icir.org> wrote:
>
> More generally, there will presumably some functionality to add
> "remotes" to one's configuration, allowing plugin writers to point to
> experimental code if they wish. Then they can still hack out code and
> mix it with existing CBAN plugins, at their own risk.

Yes, part of the plan is to allow one to add arbitrary git repos.  i.e. repos that haven’t formally been submitted to CBAN, private ones, etc.

> On a cosmetic note, will thing be called CBAN? I find it a very cryptic
> name, often confused it with BPAN (even though it doesn't make sense),
> and was wondering whether we should converge on some more pronounceable
> candidates.

I’m just using CBAN since that seems like the name that stuck around longest without anything better being proposed, so I think a rename isn’t out of the question if there’s something else everyone comes to like.