[Bro-Dev] CBAN design proposal

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu May 26 21:01:06 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 15:57 +0000, you wrote:

> But we are wrapping everything in the Bro plugin architecture, right?

I think we'll need to play with that a bit still to see how exactly a
minimal script module would be distributed. The binary plugins require
a bit more structure, and are loaded a bit differently, than something
that has just scripts would need. Maybe we can simplify the plugin
layout a bit to support that case better, not sure. That said, even if
using all the same structure, in my head I still associate "plugin"
with one of the binary extensions (log writer, packet source) etc. and
that's also how the documentation uses that term currently.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin